ACHPER WA aims to promote HPE through the provision of a variety of practical, professional learning activities targeted at HPE educators and professionals as well as students of HPE at tertiary institutions. These opportunities support the HPE industry by extending new offerings and methods for delivering and executing theoretical and practical components of teaching, and facilitate networking among industry professionals.
We aim to set the standard, and drive excellence in our profession by:
- striving for excellence in teaching and coaching methods, standards and competencies
- achieving excellence in the curriculum and competencies
- providing targeted professional learning opportunities to support the implementation of the Duty of Care Policy and subsequent Outdoor Education procedures and requirements.
- ensuring access to the knowledge, skills and attitudes conducive to health and wellbeing
- seeking research for evidence-based practice and policy that supports HPE