The Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (ACHPER) WA Branch Inc. is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Executive Officer.
ACHPER is a member-based, not for profit association devoted to promoting an active lifestyle as being central to health and wellbeing.
This is a permanent part time-time position (0.5.x FTE) commencing at the beginning of 2019.
The role of the Executive Officer is to support the purpose of ACHPER WA. Specifically the Executive Officer is responsible for the successful leadership of the organisation and implementation of the strategic direction determined by the board.
The Executive officer reports to the ACHPER WA Board, through the President and will provide support and strategic advice, operational and stakeholder management on behalf of the board and members. In this role you will coordinate and monitor program budgets and resources. In addition, you will represent ACHPER WA on committees and working parties related to Health and Physical Education, Sport and Dance Education, Community Recreation, and Fitness or Movement Science.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position for up to 12 months following this initial appointment.
Suitable applicants will need to respond to the following selection criteria:
- Leadership and project management skills with the ability to assist the Board to develop strategic directions, act as a strategic advisor and ensure the Board is informed of any key information that could impact the Organisation or significantly impact the achievement of its purpose.
- Conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to develop, implement, coordinate, monitor and apply strategic thinking to achieve outcomes.
- Written communication and presentation skills, including experience in the preparation of reports, policies and guidelines.
- Oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to undertake consultations, collaborations and negotiations and build strong relationships, alliances and networks.
- Skills and experience in managing and implementing seminars, conferences, workshops, professional learning activities, events and projects
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria. The business needs of the ACHPER WA branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
ACHPER WA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information please contact Dr Donna Barwood, President of ACHPER WA via firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted via e-mail. Your application should include:
- A two page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of ACHPER WA branch;
- A four page CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position; and
- The contact details for two work related referees (one being your current line manager).
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday 24 December 2018.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA email@example.com
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED