ACHPER CALLS for EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
for the 2019 MOCK ATAR and Year 11 EXAM WRITING PANELS
In 2019 ACHPER (WA) will produce Mock ATAR and Year 11 written Exams for Physical Education Studies, Health Studies, Outdoor Education and Dance.
The purpose of the mock examinations is to: sample the syllabus as per the SCSA ATAR exams as opposed to comprehensively covering the syllabus; provide ‘formative’ feedback on student weaknesses, and assist in the preparation for the actual ATAR exams.
PLEASE NOTE: Current members of SCSA examining panels for PES, HS, OE and Dance are not eligible.
PANEL MEMBERS AND REMUNERATION
- One lead writer per exam – $50/hour up to a maximum of 15 hours (includes revision & rewrites);
- One support writer per exam – $45/hour up to a maximum of 15 hours (includes revision & rewrites);
- One reviewer per exam – $35/hour up to a maximum of 7.5 hours (includes revision & rewrites); and
- One proof reader per exam – $30/hour up to a maximum of 3 hours.
Please Note: Names of the writers, reviewers and proof readers will remain confidential. Writers, reviewers and proof readers will be provided with a certificate of the AITSL standards as well as a complimentary copy of the previous year’s exam to which they are contributing.
INFORMATION FOR PANEL MEMBERS
Each exam package will include: multiple-choice, short answer and extended answer sections, a content elaboration grid, a multiple choice answer sheet and the relevant marking keys. Formatting guidelines will be sent to each panel member.
ACHPER allows a 10-week writing and collaboration period, which is to include reviewing, proof reading and final editing. Writing will occur during term 2 and be finalized by the start of term 3.
- Friday 8 March – Closing date for expressions of interest
- Monday 18 March – Panels members notified and contracts sent
- 25 March – 30 May – Draft exam construction by lead and support writer
- Saturday 1 June – First draft sent to ACHPER by lead writer for forwarding to the reviewer
- Friday 7 June – Return of reviewed exam, with written comments and suggestion. ACHPER will forward to the lead writer
- Friday 15 June – Second draft sent to ACHPER by lead writer for forwarding to the proof reader
- Friday 22 June – Proof reader returns exam to ACHPER for forwarding to the lead writer with written comments for final edits
- Monday 15 July – Lead writer to provide final, formatted exam materials to ACHPER
- Monday 12 August – Mock ATAR Exams available for purchase
- November – Attend an examination panel review at the ACHPER State Conference