ACHPER CALLS for EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
for the 2018 MOCK ATAR and Year 11 EXAM WRITING PANELS
In 2018 ACHPER (WA) will produce Mock ATAR and Year 11 written Exams for Physical Education Studies, Health Studies, Outdoor Education and Dance.
The purpose of the mock examinations is to: sample the syllabus as per the SCSA ATAR exams as opposed to comprehensively covering the syllabus; provide ‘formative’ feedback on student weaknesses, and assist in the preparation for the actual ATAR exams.
PLEASE NOTE: Current members of SCSA examining panels for PES, HS, OE and Dance are not eligible.
PANEL MEMBERS AND REMUNERATION
- One lead writer per exam – $50/hour up to a maximum of 15 hours (includes revision & rewrites);
- One support writer per exam – $45/hour up to a maximum of 15 hours (includes revision & rewrites);
- One reviewer per exam – $35/hour up to a maximum of 7.5 hours (includes revision & rewrites); and
- One proof reader per exam – – $30/hour up to a maximum of 3 hours.
Please Note: Names of the writers, reviewers and proof readers will remain confidential. Writers, reviewers and proof readers will be provided with a certificate of the AITSL standards as well as a complimentary copy of the previous year’s exam to which they are contributing.
INFORMATION FOR PANEL MEMBERS
Each exam package will include: multiple-choice, short answer and extended answer sections, a content elaboration grid, a multiple choice answer sheet and the relevant marking keys.
The exams are to be provided to ACHPER as per the specifications below:
- Exams to be typed in Arial font size 11.
- Exams to be formatted with:
– headers and footers;
– page numbers; and
– lines for writing answers and lined pages for extended answers as per the example provided.
- Marking keys to be formatted as per the example provided.
- Content grids to be formatted in excel and to include 2017 as well as 2018 examined content.
- 2017 content grid will be provided.
ACHPER allows a 10-week writing and collaboration period, which is to include reviewing, proof reading and final editing. Writing will occur during term 2 and be finalized by the start of term 3.
|Friday 9 March||Closing date for expressions of interest|
|Monday 19 March||Panels members notified and contracts sent|
|Mon 26 March to Thurs 31 May||Draft exam construction by lead and support writer|
|Friday 1 June||First draft sent to ACHPER by lead writer for forwarding to the reviewer|
|Friday 8 June||Return of reviewed exam, with written comments and suggestion. ACHPER will forward to the lead writer|
|Friday 16 June||Second draft sent to ACHPER by lead writer for forwarding to the proof reader|
|Friday 23 June||Proof reader returns exam to ACHPER for forwarding to the lead writer with written comments for final edits|
|Monday 16 July||Lead writer to provide final, formatted exam materials to ACHPER|
|Monday 13 August||Mock ATAR Exams available for purchase|
|November||attend an examination panel review at the ACHPER State Conference|