06/18/2019Months Days Hours
Teaching Primary PE for the First Time: Kununurra conference
This whole day practical professional learning course will provide opportunities to participate, practise and use developmentally appropriate games to teach FMS (Fundamental Movement Skills), sport specific skills, game concepts and energisers including Traditional Aboriginal games and activities.
Participants will be provided with opportunities to:
- understand the essentials of teaching PE
- experience and practise a range of energisers including Traditional games and activities
- use developmentally appropriate games to teach FMS (Fundamental Movement Skills), sport specific skills and game concepts
- discover, plan, teach and rehearse a range of activities linked to the Western Australian Curriculum
- discover a range of APPS suitable for teaching primary PE
- apply a range of ideas linked to assessment.
The professional learning course will include how to plan a quality PE program and the essentials of teaching PE including ideas for assessment including curriculum links.
Collaborative opportunities to discuss implementation at your school are incorporated.
This course is suitable for those teaching K-6
Vicki DelvesACHPER WA
Vicki has extensive knowledge and expertise in the area of Health and Physical Education and has written many curriculum resources and professional learning courses including FUNdamental Games Strategies and the Department of Education's FMS Train the Trainer Facilitator course. Linking teaching and learning opportunities to the curriculum is a focus of all professional learning courses.
9am - 3pm
Kununurra District High School
$275 for members, $350 for non-members