Inclusion and diversity conference
Students with Educational Needs
ACHPER WA held an inaugural Inclusion and Diversity conference on Monday 20th August at Leeming SHS Education Support Centre.
30 PE teachers, SEN educators, and allied health professionals attended the event. The presenters included:
– Dr Siobhan Reid (UWA): How to support children with motor issues to engage in physical activity
– Jake Marshall (Halls Head ESC): Creating links between special needs and mainstream staff
– Jenna Allomes (Leeming ESC): Adapting a Physical Education lesson for Special Needs Students
– Sandra Hodge (Halls Head College): Using SEN as an effective reporting tool
– Mark Hunter (Halls Head College): Integration of special needs students with mainstream via the medium of sport
– Ciara & Denver (Inclusion Solutions): Social Inclusion for All
ACHPER WA would like to thank Leeming ESC for hosting the event.