We advocate to ensure that quality health and physical education professionals can deliver quality programs that will enhance the health and well-being of every West Australian
At a state and national level, ACHPER’s role in advocacy involves:
- Advocating for HPE entitlement for all students;
- Seeking a quality Curriculum for HPE;
- Uptake of Professional Standards;
- Supporting quality pre-service preparation of teachers;
- Promoting the benefits of membership for career enhancement, professional development, and community engagement
- To promote ACHPER as the leading organisation promoting health and physical activity, and its central role in contributing to the well-being of Western Australians.
- To actively promote the benefits of an active lifestyle as being central to health and wellbeing.
- And to increase the public awareness and understanding of the professional profile of ACHPER WA and its members.
- To be the key organisation for expert advice on health education and promotion of physical activity for healthy living within Western Australia.
- To influence policy that promotes health and physical education as a priority learning area in schools.
To achieve our advocacy goals and ensure that health and physical activity education is valued, the ACHPER WA board and advocacy committee will be on the ground meeting with our key stakeholders.
- MEMBERS: Teachers of Health and PE, Teachers of Outdoor Education/Dance, Tertiary educators/researchers
- KINDRED ORGANISATIONS: Healthway, Heart Foundation, Outdoors WA, Public Health Advocacy Institute, Telethon Kids Institute, Office of the Commissioner for Children and Young People, SEDRA, Mental Health Commission
- TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS: Curtin, ECU, Murdoch, UNDA, UWA
- GOVERNMENT: Ministers and Shadow Ministers for Education, Sport and Recreation, Health
- DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES: DOEWA, DOH, DLGCI (DSR), SCSA, Teachers Registration Board (WA), Institute of Professional Learning, School Sport WA, AISWA, CathEd
- ALLIED PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS: State School and Independent Education Union, Principals Associations, District High School Administrators’ Association, Education Support Principals and Admin Association, and other teacher and sporting associations
Alignment and Endorsements
If your organisation would like to meet to see how you can work together with ACHPER WA, or to endorse your service or product, then please contact us.